We Respect Your Privacy
Long Covid Support Aotearoa respects your privacy. This notice explains our donor information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This notice is available on our homepage and every page throughout the site for your convenience.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Long Covid Support Aotearoa gathers two types of information:
- Personal, or “individually identifiable,” information you voluntarily provide to us; and
- Standard web server/traffic information commonly referred to as “aggregate information,” regarding overall Web traffic patterns.
Long Covid Support Aotearoa is the sole owner of and the only organisation that uses the information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others under any circumstances.
Information on individual site visitors is requested for purposes such as future direct mailings and information requests. The information we request includes name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Collection of Personal Information from Users
Long Covid Support Aotearoa may collect or track:
- The email addresses of users that communicate with Long Covid Support Aotearoa via email;
- Information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration or membership forms, surveys, email, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data);
- Aggregate and user-specific information regarding which pages a user accesses;
- The home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of users of the Sites; and
- For users who opt-in to the Geolocation service, the location of users of the Sites.
Long Covid Support Aotearoa may place Internet “cookies” on your hard drive. Internet cookies are small amounts of data that contain a unique identifier that many websites frequently send to your web browser to be stored on your computer’s hard drive in order to save data about you, such as your name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and the pages of a website you have viewed. When you revisit the site, Long Covid Support Aotearoa may recognise you by your Internet cookies and customise your experience accordingly.
Our online form has an “opt-out” mechanism for users who wish to request information, but do not wish to receive addition information or material from the Long Covid Support Aotearoa. At any time, you can also make an opt-out request, amend or correct your personal information maintained by the Long Covid Support Aotearoa by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing your Information
If at any time you wish to make changes to the personal information previously provided, we will take steps to verify your identity before making any corrections. You will be asked specific reference questions including full name, address, phone numbers and email address, if applicable.
In addition to information provided by our visitors, we track site visits using normal Internet tracking tools to help manage our system and better serve our community. This information is used for reporting purposes only and includes information such as: total number of visits, most visited sections, peak traffic times, browser versions, search terms used and average duration of visit.
This site contains links to other, third-party sites. Long Covid Support Aotearoa is not responsible for privacy practices or the content on these linked websites.
To prevent unauthorised access and maintain data security, we have put in all reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard information collected online. Techniques employed include but are not limited to: user authentication, encryption, firewall technology and the use of detection software. Long Covid Support Aotearoa assumes responsibility for identifying information that must be protected and provides adequate levels of protection for all data collected.
Our Commitment to Youth Privacy
We recognise the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information, including names or addresses on our website from those under the age of 16.
Notice to Parents: If you have any questions regarding the security of our site contact us email at email@example.com
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us
- Long Covid Support Aotearoa serves as a clearinghouse for information on Long Covid.
- Ideas expressed within the Long Covid Support Aotearoa website, print publications or materials, or monthly e-newsletters are strictly those of the authors or quoted individuals.
- Long Covid Support Aotearoa assumes no liability for any medical treatment or other activity undertaken by individuals and encourages you to seek advice from a licensed health care professional before beginning any new medication, supplement, treatment, therapy, or exercise regime.
- Long Covid Support Aotearoa does not recommend, endorse, make any warranties or representations with regard to any of the materials, products or services provided by companies or organisations referred to in this website, print publications or materials, or e-newsletters.
Permission is granted to copy or quote from this site for non-commercial purposes only, provided the intended meaning is preserved and proper credit is given to Long Covid Support Aotearoa (and author if applicable), including email address firstname.lastname@example.org and website URL (https://longcovidsupport.co.nz/)
Long Covid Support Aotearoa may, in its sole discretion, update this Policy at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended Policy on the website. The revised or amended Policy shall be effective upon posting. Any access to or use of the website or Online Services following such update shall be deemed consent to such update. All Visitors are therefore encouraged to refer back to this page regularly. This Policy may not be otherwise amended without the written consent of Long Covid Support Aotearoa.